Create tool-tip with depth/pressure for the whole profile area

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Nov 15 08:06:22 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at gmx.li> wrote:

> Hey, this is really cool, thx Linus! Although it needs a little bit to
> get used to when using the zoom at the same time this is something
> really useful!

If you have a mouse-wheel, the "zoom using the mouse wheel" (or
two-finger scroll, or whatever on a touchpad) is the more convenient
way to zoom, if you haven't noticed already. Sure, the way we move
around the zoom is a bit odd (we move around so that the mouse pointer
is basically always over the exact same spot as in the non-zoomed
view), but I think it's something you get used to.

That said, if somebody more gtk-knowledgeable would want to turn the
zoom into a more traditional "use mouse-drag and/or scrollbars to move
around", I wouldn't object. I'll happily admit that the only *real*
reason for the odd "zoom moves with mouse" is that I could implement
that with no gtk knowledge at all, and just a bit of clever cairo
scaling/translation.

                        Linus