Crash under Fedora 17

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 22:07:17 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:
> Den 05.10.12 11:19, skrev Benjamin:
>
>> Now I can't reproduce it. The only thing which has changed was that I
>> added dive details (location, dive partners, cylinders, air and weight) to
>> the various dives. Even reverting back to the copy of the original data
>> isn't causing the crash.
>>
>> The only change which I made in the preferences was to change the weight
>> from kg to pounds. Apart from that, everything is set to metric. Are there
>> any settings which may have changed at the program level because of the
>> additional data which I entered?
>

> Try deleting (or backup) the subsurface preference file before you try to
> reproduce the error.  It should be in ~/.gconf/apps/subsurface

I did a brief test with no results. However, moving or editing the
suggested file/dir does not seem have any effect. You'll have to use
gcoftool to modify the values on running gnome.
$ gconftool-2 --recursive-list /apps/subsurface
$ gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/subsurface
$ gconftool-2 -s /apps/subsurface/dive_computer_device /dev/ttyUSB0 -t string

Last one is a sample how to set one string value if you want to start
building the configuration to some specific state.

miika