Call for volunteers [was: Re: Localization]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Oct 11 06:42:45 PDT 2012

I looked through our mailing list membership and can easily identify
(based on domains and/or names) people who are likely native speakers of

British English
French
Spanish
Portuguese
Chinese
Finnish
Swedish
Serbo-Croatian

And a few more that I'm not sure about.

It would be great if people could volunteer at least "quick and dirty"
translations to get us started.

Oh, I should add

German

to that list in hopes that someone improves on my translation :-)

To avoid duplicate work, could people respond to this email if this is
something that they can do in the next few days? It's actually not all
that much work and it's ok if it is incomplete (just leave things that
you don't want to / don't know how to translate blank ("") - don't leave
the German translation or it gets hard to see what is still missing).

The easiest way is to copy an existing po file and then use a tool like
poedit (or any editor) to edit it.

You don't need to create a pull request or even a patch, either. Just
send the edited .po file with a commit message and Signed-Off-By line
and I'll do the rest.

Thanks