Call for volunteers [was: Re: Localization]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Oct 11 15:21:29 PDT 2012

"Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> writes:
> i can't build due to the new changes (.po/.mo files as such).
> must spend some time figuring out where to download these gettext
> tools and how to integrate them with the native build.
> if you can cross-build for windows i could take a look.

I have uploaded an installer - it's not in the downloads directory (to
avoid people finding it by mistake and having it fail on them)

http://subsurface.hohndel.org/subsurface-2.0.1-gettext.exe

This installer does contain the subsurface.mo files that you need.

I'm not 100% sure if subsurface will find them, though, as I don't know
what the concept of CWD would be during execution of subsurface. I need
to play with this under Windows today (but first I need to give my last
presentation at this conference and then head to the airport).

In reality this all will change once we correctly install those files on
the Unix OSs, too, and change the way Subsurface searches for them.

I assume that you have a local installation of gtk, so that will have
gtk's mo files, but for a self-contained Subsurface installer we also
need to figure out how to package the gtk translations so all this works
(and I think we only want to package those language/country pairs that
we support as well, so this will require some more advanced .nsi file
hacking)