GTK and localization [Moved from the gtk-osx-users list]

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Fri Oct 12 00:06:07 PDT 2012

On 2012-10-11 23:31, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> * mouseover labels on events in the dive profile
>
> With most dive computers they come from libdivecomputer - I was able
> translate the ones for my DC (the Uemis Zurich) as that is handled
> internally in Subsurface.
>
> Jef - are there translations available for libdivecomputer?

Which strings do you mean? Libdivecomputer doesn't contain any strings
that should be translated. The only strings that are present are the
device descriptors, and those shouldn't be translated. Everything else
are just log messages, and those shouldn't be translated either.

If you mean the event names (e.g. "ascent", "surfaced", etc), those are
generated by subsurface, not libdivecomputer. Libdivecomputer only has
enums for those.

Jef