Call for volunteers [was: Re: Localization]

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Oct 12 01:50:17 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 16:23 +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 22:42 +0900, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >
> > I looked through our mailing list membership and can easily identify
> > (based on domains and/or names) people who are likely native speakers
> > of
> >
> > British English
> > French
>
> I remember someone offering to do this one. Since I will be pretty busy
> until Tuesday with the FUDCon in Paris, feel free to go ahead.
> Otherwise I can try to give it a first shot in the train back on
> Tuesday.

Finally, here is the patch of the announced translation.
Note: I compiled Subsurface and tried to start it with
  LANG=FR ./subsurface
but all it said was:
  (process:15855): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.
so I could not test my translation...

I was wondering, should we already put the project on Transifex? I know
from experience that it might bring us both light and translators.

Pierre