windows issues with gettext

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:53:29 PDT 2012

On 16 October 2012 02:14, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> During a break I got a quick Windows installer built and tried it in a
> VM.
>
> Everything is localized for German with the exception of buttons that
> use GTK_STOCK_xxx - we ran into the same problem with menu items before,
> so this may be a Gtk bug. I'm not sure how to force Gtk to translate
> those - this works just fine under Linux :-(
>
> See this screenshot - the Add / Edit / OK / Cancel buttons clearly
> aren't localized - but everything else is, right? The menubar on top
> (including its entries that you can't see), everything in the yearly
> statistics, etc...

it has to be the runtimes then or something in the toolchain when i'm
compiling natively.
here is a complete screenshot from me as well:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2vn56j8.png

intl.dll over here is bundled with the all the other gtk libraries
from the official(?) ftp.
libintl is 0.18.1.0.

i wonder if this could be caused in the .mo files i.e. from msgfmt

lubomir