windows issues with gettext

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 16 02:16:02 PDT 2012

"Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 16 October 2012 07:34, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> I have a working installer (I believe). I pushed out a commit with the
>> updated .nsi file and some explanations how to create the staging
>> directory to use with it.
>>
>> And for easier testing, I'll upload an installer to
>>
>> http://subsurface.hohndel.org/subsurface-2.0.1-localized.exe
>>
>> Please everyone with a Windows installation that runs in one of our
>> supported languages... give this a try and report back, how it works.
>
> i've tried the installer and including the 'share' folder (with the
> locale selection) seems to do the trick for gtk.
> the "add", "delete" buttons are now localized.

Good.

> attachment to this email is a patch that will add the removal of
> 'share / locale' subfolders and freetype-config in the uninstall.

Yes, that was an oversight on my part. Thanks.

> i've also noticed that the 'packaging' folder is included as well,
> only containing the 'share' subfolder and this is basically a copy of
> the $INSTDIR\share.
> not sure why that happens.

Strange - that's definitely not what we want.

The syntax for including folders is rather strange (as it considers a
folder name itself somehow a pattern, too). I also would like to move
things around so that the subsurface.mo files end up in the same folders
as the corresponding gtk-related .mo files. That seems much cleaner.

I ran out of time yesterday evening, but insomnia appears to come to the
rescue...