de_CH translation

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 16 02:22:51 PDT 2012

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <subsurface at henrik.synth.no> writes:

> Den 16.10.12 08:24, skrev Martin Gysel:
>> as long as we don't cover all German codesets shouldn't we also have a
>> generic de locale? this can be a copy of de_DE as I think most German
>> speaking people (maybe apart from the Swiss ;)) would be pretty happy
>> with that...
>
> Looks like this could be solved with my locale aliases suggestion. Still
> a good idea IMHO :)

I still can't seem to get no_NO to work on either Windows or
Mac. They both appear to have nn. Can you shed some light on this?

I don't think we need a full local alias table for the issue that Martin
describes... that can be solved by calling de_DE simply de - that way
people who use de_AT or de_DE will get the standard German translations,
while people who run their OS with de_CH will get the Swill-German one