Locale difficulties [was Re: de_CH translation]

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Tue Oct 16 04:55:47 PDT 2012

Den 16.10.12 13:43, skrev Dirk Hohndel:
> So how did you generate the dtruss output (if that's what it was) for
> starting the App from the desktop? As I was trying to figure out the
> bundling I realized that the German translation doesn't work when
> started from the Dekstop, either, so I bet it's the same issue - but I
> wanted to verify what it tries to load...

Simple!  I added sleep(3) at the start of main(), started the following
one-liner and double-clicked Subsurface.app :)

   $ while true; do echo -n .; PID=$(ps ax |grep Subsurface.app | grep
-v grep | cut -d\  -f1 |head -1 ); if [ "$PID" != "" ]; then sudo dtruss
-p $PID; fi; sleep 1; done 2>&1 |tee /tmp/subsurface-desktop

>>> Ok, are you able to create a patch that implements what you need?
>> Probably. I'll just need to allocate some time :)

A patch is on its way in a couple of minutes.

>>> Do you happen to have a Norwegian copy of Windows somewhere with which
>>> you could verify that theory (after I push out the name change and
>>> recreate the installer)?
>> I have an English version of XP in Virtualbox, with Norwegian regional
>> settings. Maybe that works?
> I am somewhat unclear what the difference is between an actual (say)
> German copy of Windows and a US copy of Windows with the German language
> pack installed. The latter is what I am testing all this with...
>
> Anyway, a new copy of subsurface-2.0.1-localized.exe is on my server for
> download; I should bump the version number to make it easier to keep
> track of things... next time.
>
> The latest (size 8703831) should support Norwegian for you.

It does!  Great job :)