windows issues with gettext

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 05:44:08 PDT 2012

On 16 October 2012 14:21, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Ok, a couple of sleepless hours later I think I have just pushed a
> working version. This creates a staging directory for us under
> packaging/windows/share and automagically copies all the needed .mo
> files into it (the correctness of at least part of that theory was just
> shown when I added Henrik's Spanish translation and everything just fell
> into place after I recreated the installer).
>
> The installer doesn't appear to include any spurious directories anymore
> and uninstall seems to fully remove things. And Subsurface runs fully
> localized in my German Windows installation.
>
> I just put a new installer at
>
> http://subsurface.hohndel.org/subsurface-2.0.1-localized.exe
>
> (the new one is 8436551 bytes)
>
> Can you test this and verify that what it installs a) works, b) is sane
> (as far as content / directory layout is concerned) and c) completely
> uninstalls for you?
>
> Thanks

thank you for the effort,
this seems to be installing, running and uninstalling correctly.

i think i seeing another cropping issue related to main window title on win7:
http://i49.tinypic.com/216a0.png
^ the above is an example using de_DE.

can be reproduced as follows:
- open subsurface
- file->close (if default file is open)
- import dives/ test0 & test1

result is dive #0 does not have the Dive text in the main window title
when selected.

on bg_BG i'm seeing cropping:
before #0 there is a portion from the end of the BG word for dive
"Гмуркане" -> only "ане".

this could be related to the buffer sizes in info.c:show_dive_info().

lubomir