French translation update

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Oct 18 07:07:06 PDT 2012

On Oct 18, 2012, at 12:23 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

> Attached is an update for the french translation of subsurface.

Thanks

> I could also find a couple of problems:
> - I seem to not be able to add equipment if I don't have a dive
> Steps:
> make clean && make
> ./subsurface
> Go to the Equipment tab
> Click on 'Add' <nothing happens>
> Log -> Add dive
> <create dive>
> Go to the Equipment tab
> Click on 'Add' <window pop-up as expected>

Think about this for a moment. We don't maintain equipment (as in "tracking the things that you own"). We track what tanks / gas / weight you were carrying (and in the case of gas, using) during a dive. So without a dive, what would adding equipment mean?

> - The printing algorithm for printing as table needs refactoring to take
> locales into account (especially the one with longer words than in
> english).

Yes, I noticed this in the German translation as well. This is an interesting problem because of the UTF-8 character boundary issues that Lubomir is addressing elsewhere in the code.
If someone wants to dig into this and find a way to make this work and look well independent of the length of the translated strings, that would be very welcome.