Remaining translation issues [was Re: Any known open issues?]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Oct 19 22:18:41 PDT 2012

On Oct 19, 2012, at 10:00 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:

>>> Ubuntu 12.04
>>
>> So this could be an issue where the correct gtk translation files aren't
>> found. Are the buttons in boxes translated (i.e., OK and Cancel)?
>
> Seems that the buttons are not translated. I checked also the
> preferences dialog and there the buttons are also in English. And none
> of the filter texts are translated (SLOW, violation, DECO, …)

I need to look into that one, I heard this somewhere else and with my computer this isn't an issue, but maybe I missed texts for libdivecomputer somewhere…

> The buttons and dialog of About box are probably a gtk translation
> issue. And are the filter texts from libdivecomputer and not
> translated at all?

Jef says they aren't from libdivecomputer, so they must be hiding somewhere where I didn't find them.

Yep, there they are, right at the beginning in a static array. I can't believe so many of us looked at them and didn't add them to the translations.

Oops