test: stars rating with images

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Mon Oct 22 14:17:30 PDT 2012

On 22-10-12 22:43, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Tommi Saviranta <wnd at iki.fi> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 23:16:08 +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>>> just a test, perhaps something for a future version.
>>
>> I have to say I prefer the current black and white glyphs approach. IMO
>> it just fits it better and looks more... prefessional, or something.
>
> Well, the thing is - we could take any image that we want - including
> the current glyphs, rendered in different sizes. It would solve the
> issue that we have run into a couple of times that many fonts don't
> include the star characters...

Another possibility might be one of those symbol fonts. There is some standard
windows font, I think it's called windings or something, that has all kinds of
symbols. I bet there will be some star character too.

However using images, is of course guaranteed to always work on every platform,
without any nasty surprised if a particular font is missing.

Jef