Statistics Notebook and dive numbering question

Jacco van Koll jacco.van.koll at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 21:45:54 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Here's an interesting request that I got offline from a diver playing
> with Subsurface. He was wondering if the statistics notebook page could
> give some indication which dives the statistics are covering.
>
> Sounds simple, right? But there are of course way too many corner cases
> to take into consideration:
>
> If the dives are numbered, one could list the dives covered, with clever
> ellipses to make things compact.
>
> But what if they aren't numbered?
>
> Well, one simple answer could be "hey, if the dives aren't numbered, we
> should siply number them. ALWAYS". I'll get back to that in a minute.

Dirk, to be honest, They should be numbered? For as far as I am
concerned, I number my dives always in my logbook. And the dives in
Subsurface are having the same numbers... So, numbering dives,
consistent with the paper logbook, is, in my humble opinion, the only
right way to do?

So, ALWAYS number the dives = good plan!

> /D
Jacco