help wanted from Windows and Mac experts...

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:29:54 PDT 2012

On 29 October 2012 22:23, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> i'm assuming it tries to update the progress bar while the dialog is closed.
>> perhaps it would be best to disable the UI buttons in the dialog until
>> the error report is shown?
>
> Yuck. I think the better solution would be to reliably kill the other
> thread if the window is closed - this should be the same as hitting
> cancel, right?

i think its possible to listen for:
GTK_RESPONSE_CLOSE

in download_dialog() and kill the thread from there.

--

another small issue is with gtk-gui.c: import_dive_computer()
if i enter a non-existing COM5 port and press OK the dialog closes, due to:

if (!error)
  return NULL;

perhaps there should be error reporting when a port / device is not accessible?

lubomir