pull-request: trip management, next try

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Sep 3 07:35:16 PDT 2012

On Sep 3, 2012, at 12:03 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:

> Den 03.09.12 08:45, skrev Henrik Brautaset Aronsen:
>> At 02.09.12 21:16, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> I don't think so. I think trip haters should have the ability to turn
>>> the auto generation of trips off.
>>
>> I don't hate trips.  I just want to be in control of them. Especially: I want to be able to group my dive trips into groups, and keep the other dives outside any groups (at the top level), at the same time.  That doesn't seem to be possible now.
>
> Oops, it seems it's possible after all.  I just couldn't see the difference between a grouped dive and a non-grouped dive when it was at the end of a trip.  Maybe trip dives should be indented or coloured differently?

The dive number is displayed in bold. But playing around with this on my Mac that doesn't appear to work. Once more thing to look into.

> So, here are a couple of issues after importing all the test dives with automatic grouping on:
>
> 1) Remove dive 15 from a trip.  It still looks like it's inside the trip.  Also, it's 4652m 30s long now.

I have seen this change in duration during my testing at some point, but not with the latest patches. :-(

> 2) Try to re-add that dive to the trip.  Not possible?

It's a bit awkward right now. You have to create a trip out of the dive, and then merge the trip below with this trip. Definitely something I need to fix (something like offering "Add to trip above" (if there's a trip right above) and "Add to trip below" (if there's a trip right below) - potentially offering both if there is a single dive between two trips.

> 3) Remove dive 14 from the trip.  Dive 14 is 4935m 50m, while dives 4-13 are 4985m 50s.
> 4) Remove dive 4 from the trip.  Dives 0-3 are now 0 minutes.

Clearly something in the tree_model data gets messed up. What happens if you sort by duration? What happens if you toggle the "autogroup" menu entry (as that should re-fill the tree model)?