pull-request: trip handling

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 22:14:00 PDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2012, at 9:38 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The list is getting longer, the set of commits is getting more stable.
>>> I think we are getting there.
>>>
>>> This fixes yet one more crash that Henrik reported and adds the ability
>>> to merge with the trip below as well (as suggested by Miika)
>>>
>>> Feedback welcome, as always.
>>
>> Here are some improvements that come to mind:
>>
>> - Add number of dives within a trip to the #-column
>
> I'd find that very confusing - mixed with the dive numbers.
>
>> - Show start and end date of a trip in the time field instead of exact time
>
> We don't show the exact time - we show the first day of the trip. Showing starting and end date would blow the formatting of the table apart.

I have the following on Trip header:
Tue, Jul 17, 2012 18:31

>> - Allow sorting dive trips based on Trip location (on collapsed state)
>
> Interesting idea - not sure how to implement that unless we don't allow sorting the dives by location.
>
>> - Some trip averages like depth, temp, SAC could  be calculated to the
>> trip line. Also total time below surface
>
> That is a good idea. I'll look into that.
>
>> I am getting a crash whenever I import an XML dive file.
>> - ./subsurface dives/test23.xml
>> - Import dives/test22.xml
>
> Wow - I've never used that feature like this. The file selector dialog sucks as it doesn't default to a sane directory.
> This crashes on my Mac with some pthreads problem, but seems to work just fine on Linux.

I get this crash on Ubuntu 12.04
GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during
'pthread_setspecific': Invalid argument.  Aborting.

It is not likely that I'll encounter it in any real world scenario as
import from dive computer seems to work just fine.

miika