working towards Subsurface 2.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Sep 6 13:34:18 PDT 2012

Jacco van Koll <jacco.van.koll at gmail.com> writes:
>> I should of course have mentioned that Linus just pulled / pushed all
>> the trip editing changes that I had worked on over the past couple of
>> weeks. So there's quite a bit of new functionality that has just gone
>> into master :-)
>>
> Yep and it is causing me a lot of fun work! All people I show the new
> functionality, do like it and start: When do you finish the manual for all
> these new features?
> But we will get a proper manual with the new version :-) Don't worry :-)

Linus pulled a couple of minutes before I pushed my very last version,
so there are one or two more features coming - what's in the trip3
branch that didn't make it into his pull is the ability to merge one (or
more) dives into the trip above.

I'm contemplating to similarly extend the "turn dive into trip" function
to allow you to select multiple dives and turn them into a trip, but I
think with that I'll be done for the moment (unless someone points out
another operation that is missing that I haven't thought of, yet).