working towards Subsurface 2.0

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:58:59 PDT 2012

hi,

On 6 September 2012 22:57, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> - are there features that you are working on and would like to see
>   included in 2.0?

perhaps the OSX font scaling in prints should be fixed for 2.0...
either temporary with some #ifdefs or moving to using GTK_UNITS_MM
(_INCH) and using two different scales (prints / screen).

> - someone to officially own the Windows port (ideally someone who
>   actually, say, runs Windows and uses Subsurface under Windows).

just pushed the new changes from master to the "nightly" build packages at:
https://github.com/neolit123/subsurface_win32
the above repository will remain "master" branch _only_ and i may also
include the NSIS installer.

i won't mind maintaining the windows port, but also i would happily
replace myself from this "position" with someone who is actually a
diver (i.e. knows the theory / terminology) and runs windows on a
regular basis.

> Both of these ports are still rather rough today. They work, but they
> aren't really completely viable products for their target OS. I have
> been working on and off on both of them, but would love to see people
> who are more familiar with the target OSs to get more involved and help
> me get those ports ready.

if you have anything specific in mind for windows, i can try helping out.

lubomir