subsurface issue tracking

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 7 07:15:50 PDT 2012

On Sep 7, 2012, at 7:09 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

>>> I think Linus is not a huge fan of the way github does things.
>>> I really don't want to implement a bugzilla instance, but let me look around if there is something nice and easy that I can do.
>>> It's definitely a good idea.
>>
>> How about we create a subsurface organization on Github:
>> https://github.com/account/organizations/new, and host the mainline code
>> & issues from there?  It's free for OS projects.
>>
>> That way others could manage the issues as well.
>
> Surely is one option but clearly not the most free (as in FOSS not $).

Yes, definitely. I would much rather have infrastructure that runs on our own servers and that is open source.
We still use the github git server (as that was where things were started), but subsurface.hohndel.org is the main git repository as far as I'm concerned. This is where we run the mailing list, this is where I want the issue tracker.