working towards Subsurface 2.0

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 21:47:00 PDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>>> Is that with master or with tree3?
>>> Can you explain exactly the steps to reproduce?
>>
>> I tested it on tree3 doing following:
>> - Select a few top dives from the last trip
>> - Then click the "Create new trip above"
>>
>> Now the last selected dive is still on the previous trip. Selection
>> includes dives on the new trip and the one on the previous trip.
>
> The code wasn't there to add all selected dive. That was included in
> today's pull requests.

I tested this now on the master branch as it sounds as it should work
now. The result seems to vary a bit but so far I have not gotten full
selection to the new trip. Two screen shots attached. First shows
selection before creating the new group and second after. In this
creation only one dive formed the new trip and 3 remained on the
original trip.

Another issue I noticed is that the group name is copied over to the
trip above. So doing the new trip creation 3 times resulted in total
of 4 trips with identical trip name.

My intuition would say that the default trip name should be the first
dive of the trip, not the last one (or is this dependent on the sort
order?)

>>> How are you planning to offer those to the user?
>>
>> The current implementation is a new window that shows the yearly stats
>> in list view, invoked from menu.
>
> I have a hard time visualizing that. I'd love a pull request :-)

I have a patch attached. If pull requests are the preferred way I'll
take a look into github for the future.
The yearly statistics is currently invoked from the menu Log->Yearly Statistics.

miika