working towards Subsurface 2.0

Mikko Rasa tdb at tdb.fi
Sun Sep 9 04:00:12 PDT 2012

On 09.09.2012 13:30, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> wouldn't storing a pointer to the last openened file (if exists) in
> the configuration be a more elegant solution via a settings checkbox ?
> this gives the user better control, since _he_ is the one who created
> the file and not the application automatically.

+1

In my view, the dive database is more like a document than a settings
file.  Settings are generally stored in dot-files, documents are not.  I
don't know about the others here, but I at least like to know where my
data is.  I dislike programs that try to "just work" and hide everything
from me, because when they inevitably _don't_ work, I have to spend time
and effort to figure out exactly what's going wrong.

--
Mikko