working towards Subsurface 2.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Sep 9 08:57:44 PDT 2012

On Sep 9, 2012, at 8:53 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I'd much prefer a folder, rather than putting the xml file directly in the home directory.
>
> In fact, I'd even suggest that within the folder we not just default to "dives.xml" or anything like that, but maybe get the user name, and make it be
>
>    $HOME/subsurface/torvalds.xml
>
> Or something. Why? We already have a shared git repository with Dirk, so that we can look at each others dives, and having separate names by default would just make things like that easier..

I love seeing top-post emails from our fearless leader :-)

And I really like this suggestion. As I said before… I just dislike adding files to the $HOME directory…
Trivial enough to fix as I simply have an OS specific helper function that provides the default location (and a way to overwrite this with a setting).
My code still needs to be tested on the non-Linux OSs and some cleanup, but I should have something ready tomorrow at the latest (not much hacking time on weekends).