working towards Subsurface 2.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Sep 9 17:47:56 PDT 2012

On Sep 7, 2012, at 9:47 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:

>>> I tested it on tree3 doing following:
>>> - Select a few top dives from the last trip
>>> - Then click the "Create new trip above"
>>>
>>> Now the last selected dive is still on the previous trip. Selection
>>> includes dives on the new trip and the one on the previous trip.
>>
>> The code wasn't there to add all selected dive. That was included in
>> today's pull requests.
>
> I tested this now on the master branch as it sounds as it should work
> now. The result seems to vary a bit but so far I have not gotten full
> selection to the new trip. Two screen shots attached. First shows
> selection before creating the new group and second after. In this
> creation only one dive formed the new trip and 3 remained on the
> original trip.

Are you sure you tested this with the current master? This is not consistent with what I can reproduce here. I need to check on my Ubuntu system if this is once again a special Ubuntu "feature".

> Another issue I noticed is that the group name is copied over to the
> trip above. So doing the new trip creation 3 times resulted in total
> of 4 trips with identical trip name.

I'm confused about what you are describing here. Can you elaborate? And also include what you think the code should do?

> My intuition would say that the default trip name should be the first
> dive of the trip, not the last one (or is this dependent on the sort
> order?)

The first that is encountered. Which usually is the last trip. But you can edit that, anyway.

>>> The current implementation is a new window that shows the yearly stats
>>> in list view, invoked from menu.
>>
>> I have a hard time visualizing that. I'd love a pull request :-)
>
> I have a patch attached. If pull requests are the preferred way I'll
> take a look into github for the future.
> The yearly statistics is currently invoked from the menu Log->Yearly Statistics.

I haven't reviewed the patch, yet. Next on my todo list.