Errror building libdivecomputer

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Mon Sep 10 06:25:26 PDT 2012

On 2012-09-10 15:05, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> If anyone knows what is going wrong here, I can try to fix it
>> properly in
>> libdivecomputer. I don't get any errors on Ubuntu.
>>
>> @lubomir: What's the error message you get?
>>

> i think it is something with my debian install (i.e. paths), so
> potentially it could have been me installing something that broke
> libtool at one point and its not libdivecomputer...
>
> i previously tried the same sequence of commands ivan posted and also
> have everything installed, but still get the:
> "src/Makefile.am:4: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined"

Try running:

autoreconf --install --force

I noticed that sometimes after a distribution upgrade, some of the
autoconf generated file are still at an old versions. With the --force
flag you get the latest again. No idea is that is the problem here, but
it's worth a try.

> i question the use of libtool, but also i see some quite exotic
> functions and macro dependencies you have in there (the ones listed
> earlier in this thread).

Not sure what you mean with exotic macros and functions. There is
mainly standard termios stuff, with a few Linux and Mac OS X specific
extra's. But those are all inside #ifdef's. In theory it should compile
on most unix like systems.

The only macros I see in this thread, are the ones you instructed to
add:

#define HAVE_LINUX_SERIAL_H
#define __USE_BSD
#define __USE_POSIX199309

I don't know why these would make any difference. Hence my question.

Jef