Errror building libdivecomputer

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 06:41:56 PDT 2012

On 10 September 2012 16:25, Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be> wrote:
> Try running:
>
> autoreconf --install --force
>
> I noticed that sometimes after a distribution upgrade, some of the autoconf
> generated file are still at an old versions. With the --force flag you get
> the latest again. No idea is that is the problem here, but it's worth a try.

thanks, but i remember trying that as well.
i'm quite happy with the "build.sh" except that i have to make
modifications after each "git pull".
on the other hand don't really have much time to find solutions or re-install.
also haven't tried using autreconf for other libraries recently...

> Not sure what you mean with exotic macros and functions. There is mainly
> standard termios stuff, with a few Linux and Mac OS X specific extra's. But
> those are all inside #ifdef's. In theory it should compile on most unix like
> systems.
>
> The only macros I see in this thread, are the ones you instructed to add:
>

> #define HAVE_LINUX_SERIAL_H
> #define __USE_BSD
> #define __USE_POSIX199309
>
> I don't know why these would make any difference. Hence my question.

without the macros:

serial_posix.c: In function ‘serial_configure’:
serial_posix.c:372: error: storage size of ‘ss’ isn’t known
serial_posix.c:380: error: ‘ASYNC_SPD_MASK’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
serial_posix.c:380: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
serial_posix.c:380: error: for each function it appears in.)
serial_posix.c:381: error: ‘ASYNC_SPD_CUST’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
serial_posix.c: In function ‘serial_read’:
serial_posix.c:480: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘timeradd’
serial_posix.c:483: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘timercmp’
serial_posix.c:483: error: expected expression before ‘<’ token
serial_posix.c:484: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘timersub’
serial_posix.c:486: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘timerclear’
serial_posix.c: In function ‘serial_sleep’:
serial_posix.c:771: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘nanosleep’

gcc version 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8)

lubomir