Pull request: A better windows installer

Ivan Habunek ivan.habunek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 05:38:06 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I created a nicer windows installer which uses the NSIS Modern UI, and
offers some standard features such as choosing the target folder and
whether to create shortcuts (full info in git log). I think it's an
marked improvement over what we have now, however I still have a few
issues with it.

Firstly, the Subsurface version is hardcoded in the .nsi script
($VERSION). This means it has to be changed manually on each release.

Secondly, the library versions change over time, but names of compiled
DLL files which are packaged into the installer are hardcoded in the
installer script (e.g. "libjpeg-62.dll"). So, if a lib version
changes, the installer script must also be modified.

Not yet sure how to solve these problems, if anybody has an idea, let it rip.

Regards,
Ivan

The following changes since commit 79c2970f4857fdb7475a887cc143d038f23f0a9f:

  Created a modern windows installer script (2012-09-13 12:33:37 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:
  https://github.com/ihabunek/subsurface.git installer

Ivan Habunek (1):
      Added version info to NSI installer script.

 packaging/windows/subsurface.nsi |   12 +++++++++++-