the latest defaultfile branch

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 15 16:33:56 PDT 2012

This now implements what I think was the overall consensus:

- Open opens just one file (and closes the currently open file / clears the dive list)
- The open data file is named in the window title
- Import moves back to the file menu
- Import allows opening multiple files

What I haven't done yet is the export function - I think I'll delay this
until after 2.0 as it would require quite a bit of changes to working
code which I'd rather not do this close before the planned release.

Please test away and report crashes, bugs and any unexpected behavior.

Thanks

/D

The following changes since commit b6812946319080699f6071656f09d402d23d3e46:

  Merge branch 'print_selection' of http://ambre.pingoured.fr/cgit/subsurface (2012-09-06 12:48:02 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.hohndel.org/subsurface.git defaultfile

for you to fetch changes up to cd94409b5cbbcf26942a8e1b05b7198d6ea4113d:

  Put creation of the file selector box filter into helper function (2012-09-15 15:22:36 -0700)

Dirk Hohndel (19):
      First cut of adding a default file name
      Change behavior for the existing filename
      Implement Close menu option that allows closing the data file
      Fix silly folder permission bug
      Change the definition of "dive table changed"
      Use glibio functions for mkdir
      Fix memory handling error on MacOS
      Make sure Subsurface receives Quit / Command-Q callback on Mac
      Fix memory leaks and one potential NULL dereference
      Prevent the preferences dialog from getting focus with file selector open
      Use glib file and pathname functions
      Don't show an error if we can't load the default file
      Display current filename in windows title
      File Open now closes the previous file, first
      Fix stupid typo
      Move Import menu entry back to File menu
      The Open menu entry should open just one file
      Reimplement the GtkFileChooserButton for import
      Put creation of the file selector box filter into helper function

Lubomir I. Ivanov (2):
      Inline g_list_free_full for better compatibility
      various small fixes to the defaultfile model

 display-gtk.h |   3 +-
 dive.h        |   8 +-
 equipment.c   |   6 ++
 file.c        |   4 +