[PULL REQUEST] Some dialog changes and a potential issue in gtk-gui.c

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 03:51:05 PDT 2012

On 22 September 2012 06:57, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> The commits number 2 and 3 are kind of redundant, given what you changed
> in the following commits - but since they do seem to improve the
> existing code (right before it got removed) I figured there is some
> value to keeping them around, just in case we want to go back to some of
> that functionality in the future. I did a cosmetic change to the title
> of the file select box but everything else looked fine.
>
> Pushed

thank you,

yup, i should have definitely squashed 2.
3 also added new functionality to lock the "preference" window, when
the "pick default file" dialog is visible.
this is either some sort of an issue on ubuntu, or lack of knowledge
on my part about a specific API that does that.
but after trying different API functions that don't work and seeing
that there is different behaviour on windows / linux there is
definitely something fishy...

would be interesting to get feedback on OSX about this matter and also
if someone finds a better solution, of course.
it looks a bit weird to me - i.e. the background window border + title
become hidden, while the forward window is visible...etc.

lubomir