Problems with building subsurface for windows

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Sep 26 08:16:51 PDT 2012

Ivan Habunek <ivan.habunek at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently managed to cross compile subsurface for windows on Fedora
> 17. However, the resulting program is having some trouble with fonts.
> Here's a screenshot:
> http://i.imgur.com/MtIw4.png
>
> The problem seems to be in the pango libs:
> libpango-1.0-0.dll
> libpangocairo-1.0-0.dll
> libpangoft2-1.0-0.dll
> libpangowin32-1.0-0.dll
>
> I noticed, by accident, that if I delete the 4 pango libs, the program
> will work normally because it loads another set of pango libs which I
> had in my path.
>
> Has anybody got any idea what causes this?
>
> Here is my idiot's guide for cross compiling:
> https://gist.github.com/3714740
>
> And here's the resulting installer:
> http://bezdomni.net/subsurface-1.2.exe

BTW: I ran into this as well. This seems to be an issue with the
packaged Windows DLLs on Fedora 17. Grabbing the pango and freetype libs
from the site that Lubomir mentioned seems to fix this. I have a hacked
nsi script that does that but I don't want to push this into master as
this seems to just work around an issue on Fedora...