Mares Nemo Wide MY2013

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Thu Sep 27 10:15:22 PDT 2012

On 27-09-12 17:50, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:59 AM, Felix Roßbach <felix.rossbach at web.de> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any possibility to read out the new Nemo Wide (under Ubuntu 12.04)?
>> With the normal Nemo Wide it doesnt work, it even gets stuck (clock stops
>> working and i cant set it. Have to remove battery). With the older version
>> of the Nemo wide i dont have problems. Anything i can do or is somebody
>> already working on it?
>
> As Dirk already pointed out, this is going to need somebody from the
> libdivecomputer camp, but I suspect that the first thing you would
> need to do is to do something like
>
>    ./examples/universal -b nemo -n "Mares Nemo Wide" -vvv /dev/ttyUSB0
>
> in the libdivecomputer source tree, and send out the end result
> (particularly 'output.log')
>
> There may be something else that Jef would want you to do, but I
> suspect the output.log file is at least a start.
>
> See also
>
>     http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/contribute.html
>
> which also has some instructions of getting dumps from a working
> download in case you have some windows software.

A logfile from the test application is indeed the first step. However, I
received a few reports that the Mares Nemo Wide 2 doesn't work. I don't know for
sure, but I have the suspicion that this is the same model. It's possible the
transfer protocol has changed compared to the old model, and in that case, I
need a portmon log. This is explained in the link provided by Linus.
Unfortunately you need a 32-bit windows machine for this (either real or inside
a VM).

You can send the files directly to me, to avoid bothering everyone else on the
mailinglists.

BTW, while trying to figure out the diference between the Nemo Wide 2 and the
Nemo Wide MY2013, I found this:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mares-just-add-water/434847-nemo-wide-2-pc-connection.html

They also have the clock problem with the official Mares application.

Jef