[PULL REQUEST] A couple of small mods post the delmulti rework

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 09:16:40 PDT 2012

On 29 September 2012 18:36, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> 1) i was able to find a mysterious bug in the divelist that shows
>> some of the dives which are _not_ in trips without bold text in the indexes.
>> this was on windows, but no idea how to reproduce it at this point.
>> i'm pretty sure this was not imaginary.
>
> Somehow the tripflag of the dive is still set to either IN_TRIP or
> ASSIGNED_TRIP. I'll do some more staring at the code to see if there's a
> spot where this could stick around when removing a dive from a trip.
>
> Do you have any idea what you did when you got there? What kind of
> things were you testing?

import dives + create/remove trip + import dives again.

>> 2) just realized that gtk on both my fairly recent debian and ubuntu don't
>> show icons at all, which is a bit annoying. i probably have to use apt-get to
>> download some unknown package, strangely named after someone's pet snake e.g.:
>> libgtk2-icons-insert-some-inconsistent-package-name-rev-0.11.22 for this stuff
>> to work.
>
> Linux is odd about this - many of the distros don't seem to have the
> small icons for in-menu display installed. I haven't quite figured out
> what is needed for that, either. Maybe something to ask in a larger
> forum...
>
>> the two commits in the PR just make some other, small changes.
>> remote is rebased against master.
>
> Applied (with tiny change - you keep adding empty lines here and there)
> and pushed.

i'm ok about your remark, for this particular patch in the commit log.
but in response i would like to point out that some of the code could
really need some new lines here and there (e.g. in functions like
divelist.c: turn_dive_into_trip()).
its hard to follow the logic(-blocks) without consistently separating
with either comments or new line...

also are we following a strict coding style rule here that i can refer to?:
(other than http://users.sosdg.org/~qiyong/lxr/source/Documentation/CodingStyle)

lubomir