[PULL REQUEST] A couple of small mods post the delmulti rework

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Sep 29 10:17:01 PDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> i think i've re-imported some of the dives that were already in the
> list (basically grabbing a selection of "recent")
> at least, this was what i was trying to reproduce it with.

Hmm. Dive merging has some logic to take the "biggest" tripflag for a
merged dive (see try_to_merge()), but doesn't actually merge the trip
pointer itself (or update the trip counts etc).

So that's probably it. We've had these kinds of problems before when
we've introduced new semantics to dives, but forgot to teach dive
merging about the new stuff...

              Linus