[PULL REQUEST] A couple of small mods post the delmulti rework

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 29 12:13:57 PDT 2012

On Sep 29, 2012, at 11:39 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> i know this is bad, but there are no alternatives and i can make it
> behave pretty odd without it on Ubuntu.

Can you explain what exactly doesn't work the way you want it to work on Ubuntu?
I don't find the code too atrocious, but I'm trying to understand what it attempts to do that isn't happening already.

> commit log snip:
> -------
> This is the same issue as 882cb159a46d5d9dbd0 (although now we
> don't have "Import XML Files" within a dialog). It applies when
> in the "Dive info" dialog.
>
> There is some sort of a GTK bug on Ubuntu 12.04 with GTK 2.24.10 that
> prevents us from using the gtk_window_set_accept_focus() and similar
> API to make the window behind fully inactive.

My instinctive reaction is that we should report this to Ubuntu and get it fixed there, IFF it actually is a bug and not just a misunderstanding of how the APIs are supposed to work. We've had plenty of those as I am by no means an expert when it comes to gtk…

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against pulling this, I just want to understand it a bit better.