[PULL REQUEST] A couple of small mods post the delmulti rework

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 29 15:27:22 PDT 2012

On Sep 29, 2012, at 2:33 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> On 29 September 2012 23:12, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 29 September 2012 22:54, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> but i think hiding the title bar can be avoided if i try temporary
>>> reconnecting the "x" button to a NOP while the forward is active.
>>> not sure if this is going to work...
>>
>> ok, this works and looks much better as we don't lose the titlebar:
>>
>> <while frontmost is active>
>> g_signal_connect(parent, "delete_event", G_CALLBACK(NULL), NULL);
>> <when done with frontmost>
>> g_signal_connect(parent, "delete_event", G_CALLBACK(gtk_window_destroy), NULL);
>>
>> i'm going to update the branch with the change.
>>

> no-go,
>
> it does not work for the "preferences"->"select default file" i.e. its
> still possible to click the titlebar [x] of the "preferences" window,
> while in the "select default file" window, then after either pressing
> "ok" or "cancel" it closes both windows.

Ok, I finally understand the issue. Yet I hate the idea of making Subsurface look ugly on all
platform just because of a bug in Ubuntu… So I'm rather hesitant to pull this.

> passing NULL as G_CALLBACK to g_signal_connect() in the above example
> triggers an assert so this isn't a good solution...
> but why gtk_window_set_modal() does not work is completely beyond me…

This is the thing that I want to get answers to from the Ubuntu people. It appears to be their
bug, they should be fixing it. This should happen in other software, too, right?

> i've also tried g_signal_handler_block(), but can't get it to work
> with said target distribution and GTK, so there might be multiple bugs
> here.
>
> i'm leaving the branch at the safest state.

Unless this is somehow conditional for Ubuntu, I really don't want this code :-(