Plans to move the build system to CMake?

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Mon Apr 1 08:18:15 PDT 2013

People,

I`m new to this list, and if this is already a discussed topic, please
don`t hit me. :)

Since the plan is to use Qt on interface instead of GTK, I wonder if in
this branch the build system could be changed to CMake ( and I`m willing to
do that if that`s the case ).

CMake has some advantages over Makefiles ( specially being able to compile
with different compilers that doesn`t supports *nix based makefiles, like
MSVC compiller ) and also has a deep integration with Qt, understanding the
moc files generated by the qt-preprocessor and it`s widely used.

Cheers,

Tomaz