Qt branch

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Apr 1 08:45:06 PDT 2013

Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> writes:

> Ok, thanks, so summarize:
>
> 1 - Logic is C, and will Stay on C.
> 2 - Only change from C to C++/Qt the interface.

Yes - there is one file that is a disgusting mess of UI and logic: divelist.c

So the UI parts need to be removed and put in their own C++ file. I'll
be happy (yeah, right) to work on that part once someone who knows more
about Qt than I do has created enough of a main window (with the three
panes and maybe with the Ctrl-1/2/3/4 support) that I can try and hook
things in without making a mess :-)

> what version of Qt should be used,Qt4 or Qt5?
> The versions are not mutually exclusive, it`s possible to use Qt4 and Qt5
> in the same project, if we are targetting only the widgets, but things like
> QML v2 cannot be used if Qt4 is an option.

Right now the consensus was "try to make it work on both" as we support
many Linux distributions that don't reallly have a fully supported Qt5
version (things like Ubuntu 12.04LTS).

So far everyone seemed to agree that we will use QtWidgets and not QML.