Building Subsurface for Windows

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Apr 1 11:22:51 PDT 2013

Chris Lewis <chrislewis915 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to build a windows installer from the latest git.  I have a
> USB/RS232 gizmo on order which should allow me to use it on the windows
> machine when it arrives this week.
>
> I am happy for the moment to cross-compile on linux (Ubuntu) or on windows
> but I'm finding the instruction hard to follow.

Sorry. We have had very few people attempting to work under Windows.
Lubomir has an out of tree Makefile that he uses, I use the script under
packaging/windows/mingw-make.sh on a Fedora system to build

> I am trying to build libDC first and am struggling to get the
> mingw32-configure to run.  Is this a windows or Linux command, its a little
> ambiguous on the build instrctions on the website.
>
> Can someone offer any advice?

That's a Linux command available on (at least) Fedora and openSUSE.

Checkout the correct version of libdivecomputer, run

mingw32-configure
mingw32-make
sudo mingw32-make install

and you should now have an installed version of the cross-compiled
libdivecomputer unter /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/ (or a
similar path, depending on the version of Linux that you use)