Qt branch compilation on Mac

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 00:13:46 PDT 2013

Alberto,

you were right about needing to point pkg_config to the Qt stuff.  I solved
this with a minor modification to the standard build on OSX instruction on
the website.  Have copied Henrik with that particular in mind (he's our Mac
build expert).  It may be relevant for other Mac folk particularly if they
already have Qt. The essential points for me were:
1) needing to point pkg_config at the Qt*.pc files
2) knowing where those were (obviously can vary by installations; need to
modify to suit)
3) colon separating multiple paths within the string assigned to the
environment variable.

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=
"/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.2/lib/pkgconfig/"
make

Henrik,

I had exactly the same experience as you with function signatures, although
I didn't need to download any additional ports.  I had Qt installed already
so I guess that explains.