Project directory structure

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Tue Apr 2 12:24:47 PDT 2013

On terça-feira, 2 de abril de 2013 11.49.21, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> writes:
> > The Qt expert here is Thiago, I'm hust a humble servant. :)
>
> Hey, Thiago, you have a servant... cool...

Oh, I know Tomaz. We've met before, in one of the Akademy or FISL conferences.
I do remember he wouldn't stop hopping around :-)

> > Don't mind using it, we just need to be cautious, and to not name things
> > on
> > the UI with huge names ( actionExportThingyToDFF for instance. ).
>
> I assume that to a somewhat experienced Qt developer this would be
> obvious, correct?

Yeah. An experienced Qt developer wouldn't use underlines in function names,
so those stand out clearly from the rest. Also, naming slots with "on" in the
name is rare -- slots are usually named after verbs in the imperative (do,
make, set, activate, minimize, show, etc.).

So auto-connected slots are quite recognisable, for the same reasons that
other developers would shun them.

I just recommend that all developers run the application with
QT_FATAL_WARNINGS set to 1 in their environments, to catch mistakes like
renaming of an object.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358