Project directory structure

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 3 03:24:14 PDT 2013

Hi Tomaz,

On 04/02/2013 09:30 PM, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> I just pushed to my repo the modifications that Dirk asked, reduced the
> number of files, updated the mainwindow a bit. It's in a state that's
> 'workable', I tried to follow the codding style ( where did I failed? o.o )

you didn't do anything wrong; we are just using different styles. :-)

So, here's a list of questions for Dirk and Linus:

1) tabs or spaces?
   - I know you prefer tabs, but what about continuation lines?
     Is this the desired indentation?
      void function()
      {
      <tab>do_something(param1,
      <tab>..<spaces>...param2)

2)
MainWindow::MainWindow()
: ui(new Ui::MainWindow())
, var2(0)
, var3(stuff)
{

vs

MainWindow::MainWindow():
<tab>ui(new Ui::MainWindow()),
<tab>var2(0),
<tab>var3(stuff)
{

3)
class ClassName{
vs
class ClassName {
vs
class ClassName
{

4) (look at the ":", not at the "{")
class ClassName: parent ParentClass {
vs
class ClassName : parent ParentClass {

5) Text width: 80 chars? If you have a limit, how many spaces is a tab
worth?

Ciao,
  Alberto
--