Project directory structure

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Apr 3 10:00:58 PDT 2013

Alberto Mardegan <mardy at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> On 04/03/2013 12:58 AM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> But if you prefer, the project could standardise on underscores for all
>>> function names, even in C++.
>>
>> I think that would be my STRONG preference.
>
> I would advise against that, at least for class members: because of
> inheritance, our MainWindow class would inherit member functions defined
> by QWidget and QMainWindow (supposing that we inherit from QMainWindow)
> such as setWindowTitle().
> Given how tight this UI code would be to Qt, I'd suggest that we keep
> the naming of classes and members consistent with Qt (just the naming --
> the indentation style can be our own).

I guess I can see your point.

> In any case, I'd like to propose that C code never calls UI code; we
> could make the C parts behave as if it was a library, which we use from Qt.

This sounds just like what Tomaz said. Clearly you guys are scheming
behind our backs to take over the world :-)

Seriously, though...

If I think about the way the current Gtk code works, I think I have an
idea of what you might be talking about.

Today the UI code calls into the subsurface logic to get things
done. Everything is run from the UI main event loop. Is that what you
mean by "subsurface is a library that is called from the UI"?