Project directory structure

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Wed Apr 3 11:03:53 PDT 2013

On quarta-feira, 3 de abril de 2013 10.00.58, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > I would advise against that, at least for class members: because of
> > inheritance, our MainWindow class would inherit member functions defined
> > by QWidget and QMainWindow (supposing that we inherit from QMainWindow)
> > such as setWindowTitle().
> > Given how tight this UI code would be to Qt, I'd suggest that we keep
> > the naming of classes and members consistent with Qt (just the naming --
> > the indentation style can be our own).
>
> I guess I can see your point.

I propose we take a wait-and-see attitude here. There are a few places where
overriding virtuals will be necessary: definitely the data model (deriving from
QAbstractItemModel) and probably some of the custom widgets.

But in most cases, overriding virtuals won't be necessary, so slots can be
named anything we want, including use of underscores.

If it turns out that mixing things is ugly (too many virtuals had to be
overridden), we can revisit.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358