Project directory structure

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 08:45:24 PDT 2013

On 4 April 2013 18:33, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Point of origin (where it is defined) determines which in case it's used in
> both parts of the code.

that seems like a good idea.

> We have the Menu structure mostly settled (the Edit menu is still an option).
>
> We decided that the core logic becomes a library to be called from the UI.

also a good idea. would be interested to see that sort of separation happening.

> Is there anything else that needs to be decided before people can dig in
> deeper? I know that Tomaz and Alberto have talked about working together
> but haven't seen an announcement of a current tree anywhere.
>
> Also, do Qt people want the old timers to help separate out the core logic
> into a library?
> I'm not sure what would be helpful to you.

i could help explaining some things here and there, i'd guess...as far
as my knowledge covers and time permits.
on the Qt side of things i would probably join (or start sending
patches) slightly after a base structure is already in place - i.e.
UI/logic separation, Makefile and so on.

BTW i've tried compiling on native Windows of the Qt branch and it
worked but the main window seems not being invalidated correctly. yet
obviously there is still Gtk/Qt mixture in there so that may be the
cause.

lubomir