the "look" of subsurface

Rainer Mohr mail at divelogs.de
Fri Apr 5 14:44:04 PDT 2013

Just a spontneous thought I had after opening subsurface today:

Does it have to be "so grey"?

Maybe I just don't have a clue about GTK or whatever, but the look of
the GUI is just not what I have in mind when it comes to the happy
memory of my dives. Or is it just like that under windows?

Just had the thought, that it's funny, that I get welcomed to the "21st
century" for changing to UTF8 and the optics of subsurface tend to
remind me of Windows 3.11 :-)

Isn't there another color scheme or even options that users can choose?
Like rounded corners, vivid colors, brighter look, choosable contrasts,
[enter your preference here] ?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great software, but it doesn't "look
friendly" to my eyes and it's simply not modern when it comes to the
looks...

<emphasis>Just my 2 cents</emphasis>

Rainer