Qt port - baby steps

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 03:57:28 PDT 2013

On 7 April 2013 06:56, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I figured I'd start with divelist.c as this was (and in some ways still
> is) the biggest mess. I'll tackle profile.c next as I think divelist and
> profile are the first two things we need to get to work in order to get
> something useful in the Qt branch.

i was wondering if we are going to switch away from cairo/pango as well?
apparently there is support for drawing on Qt surfaces on newer
versions using cairo_qt_surface_create() (can't find documentation for
it), but i think this new version seem to be missing on gnome's
official FTP for win32 binareis and the latest dev package:
cairo-dev_1.10.2-2_win32.zip. i can't seem to find a declaration of
cairo_qt_surface_create() in the headers. also i have no idea if it's
even needed for this to work.

Qt provides vector drawing support using the QPainter class, text
layout using QTextLayout and also printing support using QPrinter, but
this would mean we need to do a lot of work in print.c and profile.c.
perhaps there is no need to switch away from cairo and pango for
profiling and printing, but does anyone have experience with this and
would it work? :(

lubomir