Qt port - baby steps

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Apr 7 09:58:28 PDT 2013

Thiago Macieira <thiago at macieira.org> writes:

> On domingo, 7 de abril de 2013 09.27.05, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> Can you point us to a concise primer on how to do scaled anti-aliased
>> rendering of vectors and fonts into a window using Qt techniques?
>
> That would be QPainter, to get started with. But I don't know if you need
> anything more or specifics. I do know that there are some flags that can be
> toggled, but I don't know whether we need to use them.
>
> We'll need someone with experience on GUI to answer those questions.

Yeah, that was more the "plural you" than the "singular you, Thiago" in
my sentence. That's one of the things that frustrate me about English.
That you can't easily tell if you is one person or a group - especially
on mailing lists that's annoying.

I should have said "y'all" and sounded like someone from the South (we
don't have enough US people on this list for this to be as funny as it
might be... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y'all)