Subject: Re: Qt port - baby steps

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 00:44:01 PDT 2013

> Can you point us to a concise primer on how to do scaled anti-aliased
> rendering of vectors and fonts into a window using Qt techniques?

I'll defer to Thiago on best practise, but I had a bash at Qt versions of
the treeview and profile drawing a few days ago.

https://github.com/amitkc/diveprofile
https://github.com/amitkc/qss-divelist

Both should compile (divelist was developed on Linux; diveprofile on OS X)
and perform a limited set of the required functions.  They are based on
examples taken from Qt texts written by ex-Trolls, so hopefully the
starting point is sensible (possibly not optimal).

At the very least they may help highlight gaps to direct attention to if we
are to consider dumping cairo/pango.

BTW - suggestion of continuing to use the latter to draw and then blit to
screen is very interesting.

The qwt project sources may be worth a look to see how they have done their
support for technical charts.