Build problem?

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 13:15:21 PDT 2013

I'm not 100% who did the Qt Makefile work....Alberto I think....?

But I'm not convinced the dependency stuff is working 100% correctly.  If I
try and add a private slots section to the mainwindow.h/.cpp (prelude to
connecting up the QActions to some new slots), the build tries to compile
the .cpp before it has run MOC over the header to generate the .moc file.
This after 'make clean'

This then fails with a message like this:

mit at linux-erag:~/subsurface> make
updating version.h to 3.0.2-99-g48db782b6719
    CC main.c
    CC dive.c
    CC time.c
    CC profile.c
    CC info.c
    CC equipment.c
    CC divelist.c
    CC divelist-gtk.c
    CC deco.c
    CC planner.c
    CC planner-gtk.c
    CC parse-xml.c
    CC save-xml.c
    CC libdivecomputer.c
    CC print.c
    CC uemis.c
    CC uemis-downloader.c
    CXX qt-gui.cpp
In file included from qt-gui.cpp:27:0:
qt-ui/mainwindow.h:23:8: error: expected ‘:’ before ‘slots’
qt-ui/mainwindow.h:23:8: error: ‘slots’ does not name a type
make: *** [qt-gui.o] Error 1
amit at linux-erag:~/subsurface>

Somehow I think the rules need to ensure that the mainwindow moc-ing
happens before the attempt to include in qt-gui...